Thursday, March 21, 2013

    I graduated from Brookswood secondery school in 2002, were I showed a very high interest in art. After high school I did not know were I should take my art skills. I worked for my dad till I could figure it out. My family suggested I try doing commercial animation at Capilano College.
   So I studied Animation for 2 years. Got my deploma in 2007. And started working in the industry for about 4 - 5 years. Working as a layout artist, builder, and some storyboard revisions all at Studio B. I have also done some freelance work as a builder and poser at home. All my work has been in Flash.


    But it's not all cartoons. My roots are all in life drawing (realism). I like doing this with pencil, acrylic, oils, crayon, clay, and carving wood.  I took a few years off from working on art.  I needed sometime to reflect and study the world around me for insperation.  I at one point thought of ditching the art for good. Thinking I'm not creative enough and I'm not as good as I want to be.  But I picked up the brush and painted something new and different to my usually un-creative work.  And when the painting was finished, I found new insperation.  Lets see were my new eyes will take me...

No comments: